//Nearly 70% of online shoppers use Amazon to compare products found on a branded Web site
nearly 70 of online shoppers use amazon to compare products found on a branded web site 760x490 - Nearly 70% of online shoppers use Amazon to compare products found on a branded Web site

Nearly 70% of online shoppers use Amazon to compare products found on a branded Web site

 

 

A new survey of Episerver revealed that 24% of online shoppers still compare what they find on a brand or retailer site on products available on Amazon, with 44% doing so often, representing a total of 68% of products always or often referenced on Amazon.

At the same time, only 17% of online shoppers said that The main reason they visited a brand's website for the first time was to make a purchase. For most of them, the main reason they visited a branded website was searching for a product or comparing prices from one brand to the next.

The "Reimagining Commerce" Report surveyed more than 4,500 global online shoppers to gather retail information Consumers began looking for products, online services that they search the most on an ecommerce site, the social role in online shopping, etc.

The starting point of the online shopping journey. Regardless of whether an online marketer already has a product in mind or is simply looking for inspiration, most of them begin their online shopping journey in a market like Amazon.

For buyers who think about a particular product, 46% start the process in a market – just like 39% of buyers who simply browse. (The survey found that 75% of shoppers said that their online purchases were wholly or partly planned in advance). If they do not start their online shopping experience on a site like Amazon, online shoppers are probably turning to Google. Only 34% of online shoppers (both those who have a product in mind and those who consult) start by consulting the website of a brand or retailer.

The role of Social in online shopping. According to the survey, only 13% of online shoppers are turning to social media to start their online shopping journey and only 21% of those surveyed said they made a purchase directly from online shopping. an advertisement in a social media. Even fewer of them – 16% – said they directly bought a product from an influencer position.

What Online Shoppers Want. Not only did the majority of online shoppers visiting Amazon after finding a product on a brand's website, 61% said they preferred online marketplaces because of price options and 58% in because of the choice of products.

The three main services Online shoppers want to buy online: free shipping (67%), tracking shipments (61%) and information on returns (52%). Seventy-seven percent of survey participants said that incorrect or incomplete content on a brand's website always deterred or often concluded a purchase.

"Wherever customers choose to use a business, they should be able to trust the accuracy and completeness of the information they find." , writes Episerver.

Why you should care. To remain competitive as an e-commerce brand and fight for market share against market giants like Amazon, marketers need to have a deep understanding of how consumers start and end their lives. their online shopping journey.

After seeing a record of $ 126 billion spent online during the last holiday season, there is no doubt that consumers want to buy products from their desktop computer or their mobile device. The brands that will win are the ones that can offer the most convenient and transparent shopping experience possible, capturing online shoppers when they begin to navigate and guiding them successfully up to ################################################################################# 39 to the purchase button.

About the Author

snapchat gives more than 20 possibilities to its partners to discover the crowdsource content of our stories - Nearly 70% of online shoppers use Amazon to compare products found on a branded Web site

Amy Gesenhues is the editor of the General Assignment of Third Door Media, which presents the latest news and updates for Marketing Land and Search Engine Land. From 2009 to 2012, she was an award-winning columnist for several dailies from New York to Texas. With over ten years of experience in marketing management, she has contributed to various traditional and online publications, including MarketingProfs.com SoftwareCEO.com and the magazine Sales and Marketing Management. Read more articles from Amy.